Nicholas Edward Cave AO (born 22 September 1957) is an Australian singer, songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer and occasional actor. Known for his baritone voice and for fronting the rock band Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cave’s music is generally characterised by emotional intensity, a wide variety of influences and lyrical obsessions with death, religion, love and violence.
Source – Wikipedia.
14 Nick Cave Quotes (Music, Love And Poetry):
1. When?’ said the moon to the stars in the sky
Soon’ said the wind that followed them all
Who?’ said the cloud that started to cry
Me’ said the rider as dry as a bone
How?’ said the sun that melted the ground
and ‘Why?’ said the river that refused to run
and ‘Where?’ said the thunder without a sound
Here’ said the rider and took up his gun
No’ said the stars to the moon in the sky
No’ said the trees that started to moan
No’ said the dust that blunted its eyes
Yes’ said the rider as white as a bone
No’ said the moon that rose from his sleep
No’ said the cry of the dying sun
No’ said the planet as it started to weep
Yes’ said the rider and laid down his gun
2. Music is storming, driving, relentless, devotional, slinky, subtle, heartbreakingly-beautiful sounds that, lyrically, switch from the cynical to the sanguine, the defeated to the defiant, dealing in love, war, beauty, children, romance, rejection, Pethedine, poetry, panties, God, Auden, Johnny Cash, cold potatoes, too-much-money, not enough money, writer’s block, flowers, animals and more flowers. But maybe I’m projecting here.
3. All of our days are numbered; we cannot afford to be idle. To act on a bad idea is better than to not act at all because the worth of the idea never becomes apparent until you do it. Sometimes this idea can be the smallest thing in the world, a little flame that you hunch over and cup with your hand and pray will not be extinguished by all the storm that howls about it. If you can hold on to that flame great things can be constructed around it that are massive and powerful and world changing – all held up by the tinniest of ideas.
4. It’s a wonderful life if you can find it.
5. Inspiration is a word used by people who aren’t really doing anything.
6. If you got a trumpet, get on your feet, brother, and blow it!
7. I don’t particularly believe all love is doomed. But I guess, one is usually kinda suffering from some aborted love affair or association, rather than being at the peak of one. I think it’s fairly obvious that a lot more suffering goes on in the name of love than the little happiness you can squeeze out of it.
8. I’ve always had an obligation to creation, above all.
9. And she moves among the sparrows. And she floats upon the breeze. She moves among the flowers. She moves something deep inside of me
10. I was about 12 years old and I was sitting watching the television and it was some kind of talent show, you know, and on marches this monkey, this ape, in a pair of red-checked trousers with a little matching jacket holding a ukelele and it started jigging around playing it, and it was looking straight into the camera, straight at me, and I remember thinking, that’s it, that’ll be me, you know, that’ll be me.
11. And I wish that I was made of stone
So that I would not have to see
A beauty impossible to define
A beauty impossible to believe
A beauty impossible to endure
The blood imparted in little sips
The smell of you still on my hands
As I bring the cup up to my lips
12. You’ve got to understand your limitations. It’s your limitations that make you the wonderful disaster you most probably are.
13. Stars have their moments then they die.
14. And I kissed away a thousand tears
My lady of the Various Sorrows
Some begged, some borrowed, some stolen
Some kept safe for tomorrow.