Life is to be enjoyed;
But only by doing what you love
and enjoying the freedom
that comes from having the time and the heart
to fall in love
and have the luck
to be loved in return
for who you are.
Rita Mae Brown, born November 28, 1944, is a prolific American writer. She is best known for her coming-of-age autobiographical novel, Rubyfruit Jungle.
She is also an Emmy-nominated screenwriter.
Below are 17 Rita Mae Brown happiness, reading, productivity, life and love quotes;
- The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four people is suffering from a mental illness. Look at your 3 best friends. If they’re ok, then it’s you.
2. One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.
3. The only queer people are those who don’t love anybody.
4. When I got [my] library card, that was when my life began.
5. Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.
6. Don’t hope more than you’re willing to work.
7. About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.
8. Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
9. Loving’s pretty easy. It’s letting someone love you that’s hard.
10. I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
11. Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself.
12. Happiness is pretty simple: someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to.
13. Women need to feel loved and men need to feel needed.
14. Writers will happen in the best of families.
15. Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts.
16. A deadline is negative inspiration. Still, it’s better than no inspiration at all.
17. When God made man she was practicing.