Flowers, nature’s beautiful paintings,
for our enjoyment, our healing and our cherished gardens.
Oscar-Claude Monet was a French painter and founder of impressionist painting. He was born on 14 November 1840.
Below are 19 of his nature, painting and flower quotes.
- I must have flowers, always, and always.
2. Every day I discover more and more
beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it.
3. My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.
4. Color is my daylong obsession, joy, and torment.
5. Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love.
6. I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.
7. I would like to paint the way a bird sings.
8. It’s on the strength of observation and reflection that one finds a way. So we must dig and delve unceasingly.
9. Everyday I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it.
10. The more I live, the more I regret how little i know
11. The richness I achieve comes from nature, the source of my inspiration.
12. What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence.
13. When you go out to paint, try to forget what objects you have before you, a tree, a house, a field or whatever. Merely think here is a little square of blue, here an oblong of pink, here a streak of yellow, and paint it just as it looks to you, the exact color and shape.
14. I’m not performing miracles, I’m using up and wasting a lot of paint…
15. I can only draw what I see.
16. Impression — I was certain of it. I was just telling myself that, since I was impressed, there had to be some impression in it … and what freedom, what ease of workmanship! Wallpaper in its embryonic state is more finished than that seascape.
17. Every day I discover even more beautiful things. It is intoxicating me, and I want to paint it all – my head is bursting…
18. If the world really looks like that I will paint no more!
19. Water Lilies’ is an extension of my life. Without the water the lilies cannot live, as I am without art.