The price of greatness is responsibility. A responsible life provides the clear way to understand “life purpose” and the path to achieve it .
A study found that people associated with “life purpose” were less likely to die from heart, circulatory, or blood conditions, compared with those without “life purpose”..
Living a purpose driven life is living a responsible life.
A responsible life means having control over your life and caring for others in good and in bad times.
A responsible life gives one a sense of duty or purpose in life.
How can you live a responsible life?
The following quotes should guide you:
- “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” – Roy T. Bennett.
2. “Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home… it’s your responsibility to love it, or change it.Share this Quote.” Chuck Palahniuk.
3. “It’s in responsibility that most people find the meaning that sustains them through life. It’s not in happiness. It’s not in impulsive pleasure.” – Jordan Peterson
4. “People have forgotten this truth,” the fox said. “But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
5. “Adopt responsibility for your own well-being, try to put your family together, try to serve your community, try to seek for eternal truth… That’s the sort of thing that can ground you in your life, enough so that you can withstand the difficulty of life.” – Jordan Peterson.
6. “Everybody is responsible for their own actions. It’s easy to point the finger at somebody else, but a real man, a real woman, a real person knows when it’s time to take the blame and when to take responsibility for their own actions.”Marcus Smart
7. “People like to say love is unconditional, but it’s not, and even if it was unconditional, it’s still never free. There’s always an expectation attached. They always want something in return. Like they want you to be happy or whatever and that makes you automatically responsible for their happiness because they won’t be happy unless you are … I just don’t want that responsibility.” – Katja Millay,
8. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill.
9. “I believe I have a personal responsibility to make a positive impact on society.” – Anthony Fauci.
10. “We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.” – George Bernard Shaw.
11. “What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements.” – Anais Nin.
12. “To say you have no choice is to relieve yourself of responsibility.” – Patrick Ness.
13. “Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.” – Eckhart Tolle.
14. “The greatest day in your life and mine is when we take total responsibility for our attitudes. That’s the day we truly grow up.” – John C. Maxwell.
15. “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.Share.’ – Bob Dylan.
16. “I’m not perfect; I make mistakes all the time. All I can do is to try my best to learn from my mistakes, take responsibility for them, and do a better job tomorrow.” – Lana
17. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
19. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley.
20. “With awareness come responsibility and choice.” – Amanda Lindhout.
21. “You can delegate authority, but you cannot delegate responsibility.” – Byron Dorgan.
22. “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” – Denis Waitley
23. “What is a fear of living? It’s being preeminently afraid of dying. It is not doing what you came here to do, out of timidity and spinelessness. The antidote is to take full responsibility for yourself – for the time you take up and the space you occupy. If you don’t know what you’re here to do, then just do some good.” – Maya Angelou