Johann Christoph Friedrich Schiller was born on 10th November, 1759. He was a German philosopher, playwright and poet.
Below are 15 of his great quotes:
- Great souls suffer in silence.
2. Disappointments are to the soul what a thunderstorm is to the air.
3. He who has done his best for his own time has lived for all times.
4.. Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.
5. Dare to err and to dream. Deep meaning often lies in childish plays.
6. Keep true to the dreams of your youth.
7. A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled one is truly vanquished.
8. Lose not yourself in a far off time, seize the moment that is thine.
9. Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.
10. Live with your century; but do not be its creature.
11. A gloomy guest fits not a wedding feast.
12. Who dares nothing, need hope for nothing.
13. Peace is rarely denied to the peaceful.
14. Be noble minded! Our own heart, and not other men’s opinions of us, forms our true honor.
15. It is easy to give advice from a port of safety.