Frederick Wallace Smith, born on August 11 in 1944 is an American businessman.
Known for being the founder and CEO of FedEx.
Below are 7 of his thoughts on leadership, innovation and wealth.
- Leaders get out in front and stay there by raising the standards by which they judge themselves – and by which they are willing to be judged.
2. My innovation involved taking an idea from the telecommunications and banking industries, and applying that idea to transportation business.
3. A manager is not a person who can do the work better than his men; he is a person who can get his men to do the work better than he can.
4. If you look historically, what creates growth and wealth is innovation and investment, and increase in scale – more customers. .
5. Information about the package is as important as the package itself.
6. Leadership is simply the ability of an individual to coalesce the efforts of other individuals toward achieving common goals. It boils down to looking after your people and ensuring that, from top to bottom, everyone feels part of the team.
.7. My innovation involved taking an idea from the telecommunications and banking industries, and applying that idea to transportation business.