You are wonderfully made. You are capable of achieving anything that is humanly possible. Just believe it!
Believing in possibilities is not self delusion. It is accepting your thoughts, feelings and experience without believing that all your thoughts and feelings are justified. This is what self-validation is.
Self-validation helps one to recognize their true value. The recognition of your value is the foundation you need to live a purposeful life, driven by goals and self-discipline.
This realization is a wedge against distractions, feelings of self-doubts and inferiority complex. This is true because you know who you really are.
Knowing who you are is useful for an effective management of deep internal emotions. You are able to identify with internal emotions which are yours and dissociate from those which are alien to your personality. This self-awareness hastens the process of dealing with emotional crises.
To improve self-validation, you should know the right steps to take.
- Start the process to improve self-validation by saying wonderful things to you.
If you don’t recognize your worth, no one may; for you have to mine the gold within you, bring it out for the world to see and admire.
Self-discovery begins with sincere self introspection. And self-introspection is activated by hearing and believing powerful words of inspiration.
So if people are yet to tell YOU how great you are, tell yourself inspiring words every morning, all day and at night before you go to bed.
2. Accepting your mistakes when you make them is another step to improve self-validation. Everyone makes mistakes including successful people.
Successful people accept their mistakes and weaknesses but use their strengths to correct their mistakes and cover their weaknesses. You should borrow a leaf from them.
3. Sincere self-validation demands that you encourage yourself to get up every time you fall. Staying down will not get you to your destination, assuming you are goal oriented.
When you fall, visualize the glory that awaits you at your destination. Be inspired to get up by the beautiful vision to rise up higher and take a bigger step to improve self-validation.
4. Another important step to improve self-validation is mindfulness. Mindfulness helps you to notice and accept internal feelings, thoughts and experience.
You will not recognize your true identity if you continue to allow thoughts and feelings go through your mind without you being aware. If you don’t know who you truly are, the chances of working hard to be a fake version of another person are higher,
5. Without having your priorities right, the process of achieving a better self-validation is lost.
Accept your true self then sew your priorities with the fabric of your personality. Be in your element at all times but don’t restrict yourself to your comfort zone.
Be encouraged to leave your comfort zone but always do that in the vehicle of your strengths. At the end of the day, it’s your happiness that matters the most.